Maths

posted by .

In a software company 30% workers are BTeach holders 25%are m.ba and 20% hold both these degrees. If 325 workers are without any professional degree how many workers are there in the company in all.

  • Maths -

    30% + 25% + 20% = 75% hold degrees; therefore, 100%- 75% = 25% that do not
    x = number of workers
    0.25x = 325. Solve for x.

  • Maths -

    I disagree ..

    number(BT or MBA) = 30%+25% - 20% = 35%
    (we can't count the 20% twice )
    so 65% are without degrees

    .65x= 325
    x = 500

  • @Reiny--Maths -

    I worried about counting them twice, also; however, I finally decided we had four separate and distinct groups. One pool of 30% had BT, one pool of 25% had MBA, a third pool of 20% had both (this is a separate group that I didn't overlap with the other three), which left a fourth pool of 25% with no degrees. My interpretation may not be right but that's my rationale. By having four pools I was trying to avoid counting them twice.

  • Maths -

    In these kind of questions, when they state that 30% workers are BTeach holders, we don't assume that it is 30% exclusively.
    e.g. When I say, that 8% of boys play football, that doesn't mean that they can't play some other sport as well.

    In a Venn diagram for this question, I would draw two intersecting circles, label the intersection 20%, the "only BT" circle as 30-20 or 10% , and the "only MBA" section as 25-20 or 5%.
    So that would add up to (20+10+5)% or 35% leaving 65% without those two degrees.
    then .65x = 325
    etc

  • Maths -

    I agree with your interpretation.

Respond to this Question

First Name

School Subject

Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. 10th grade

    A computer manufacturer assembled 21,000 computers in October. For the month of November, they expect to double production. If a worker can assemble one computer per day, how many workers will be needed to complete the job in 28 days?
  2. Maths

    A company employs 4 times as many unskilled workers as it does skilled workers. Unskilled workers earn $650 a week, and skilled workers earn $850 a week. The weekly wage bill for these workers is $17 250. How many skilled and unskilled …
  3. Business Law

    Assume that federal health investigators are pursuing a report that one of your manufacturing plants has a higher-than-average incidence of cancer among its employees, strecthing back for the files. But if the company turns them over, …
  4. statitstics

    A warehouse employs 22 workers on first shift and 14 workers on second shift. Eight workers are chosen at random to be interviewed about the work environment. Find the Probability of choosing: A. All first-shift workers B. All second-shift …
  5. stats

    A clothing company employs 36 workers on first shift and 19 workers on second shift. Five workers are chosen at random to be interviewed about the work environment. Find the probability of choose: a) All first-shift workers b) all …
  6. maths

    The ratio of number of male workers and female workers in a company is 5:1. If the company has 250 male workers, how many female workers are there in the company?
  7. maths

    The ratio of number of male workers and female workers in a company is 5:1. If the company has 250 male workers, how many female workers are there in the company?
  8. Math

    A company finds that one out of five employees will be late to work on a given day. If this company has 42 employees, find the probabilities that the following number of people will get to work on time. (Round your answers to 4 decimal …
  9. Business Law

    Which of the following is true regarding workers' compensation?
  10. History

    Which of the following best describes why sit-down strikes resulted in success for workers?

More Similar Questions